How would you describe your style and the way you work?
– Â To put it simply, I want to keep it real. I want my images to be authentic and honest. It is for this reason that my goal is to simply document what is already happening organically in an artful, intentional way. To put substance over style at all times. In that sense, I try to be a fly on the wall and will only intervene on occasion to give minor direction, to pose subjects during any formal portraits or to take advantage of good, yummy light. Other than that, expect me to let you do your thing with little to no intervention and to capture the happenings in a photojournalistic way.
– Â When it comes to documenting families, I would prefer a documentary approach, perhaps starting at your home and in your neighborhood. I want to capture what your family and your daily life is like at that moment. Let your kids wear what they want, even if that means a cape and underwear. Dress comfortably, and do what you normally like to do with each other and as a family. Thatâ€™s the good stuff! I prefer to capture your family as naturally and organically as possible, minimizing the posed, look-at-the-camera-and-smile images.
What is required to retain your services?
– AÂ 50% deposit and signed contract is required to reserve your date, and dates are first come, first serve.Â I accept cash, checks, and credit cards, too. Flexible payment plans are also available!
Can we meet beforehand?
– Absolutely! In fact, I prefer to meet face to face and get to know each other personally. After all, I will be with you the whole day! We can meet for coffee, or lunch, or beers. If you are out of state or not within a quick drive of the Boulder area, I am happy to Skype as well.
Do you travel for weddings or other sessions?
– I have a serious case of travel bug. I will quite literally go anywhere, just say the word and I am happy to hop on a plane, boat, bus, train, or hovercraft. I love shooting in fresh, new places. Â It makes me happy and itâ€™s usually when I produce my best work. I have shot weddings in Colombia, Mexico, California, Arizona, and Canada and would love to keep it going.
Do you charge travel fees?
– Yes, in some cases.Â Some of the wedding collections already include travel. In Colorado, any destination that is farther than a one hour (ish) drive from Boulder or Denver will incur a travel fee to cover gas, expenses, time, and/or lodging if applicable. Travel fees range from $50-$400 depending on the location in Colorado. Weddings in the Boulder or Denver areas will NOT be charged a travel fee. For destinations outside of Colorado or for international destinations, travel fees vary. I will also do my very best to keep travel costs as low as possible. Please inquire for more information.
Do I get the digital files?
– You bet. All collections come with a USB of your images (or you have the option to have the images delivered to you in an online downloadable format).
How many images do I get?
– For weddings, every event is different and the number of final images proofed to you varies depending on the nature of the day, how long I am there, whether or not there is a second shooter with me, etc. However, expect to get between 500-700 final images (at least). All images are selected for quality, individually edited and presented to you in high-resolution format. For portrait sessions, family or engagement sessions, expect to receive between 50-60 final images.
How long until I get to see the photos?
– I commit a lot of time to the careful selection and editing of each individual image, with quality and consistency being an absolute priority. Expect to see your online slideshow in 3-4 weeks and proofing gallery within 6-8 weeks, especially during high season (May-October).Â For portrait sessions, you will have your images in 3-4 weeks.
Are albums, prints, and canvas available?
– Â Definitely! Some wedding collections include beautiful, handmade albums and/or gallery wrapped canvas. These products are also available a la carte and can be added to any collection. Prints are available for order through your online gallery.Â Portrait packages include a variety of products and can also be ordered a la carte.
Do you carry backup equipment?
– Â Absolutely. I even carry backup for my backup.
What kind of equipment do you shoot with?
– Â I shoot with all Canon professional equipment and backup gear. Â Hereâ€™s what Iâ€™m currently rockinâ€™ :
Canon 5d Mark III cameras
70-200 2.8L IS II
600 EX-RT flash (2)
Tons of CF memory cards and extra batteries